Please stop by 2nd Cup of Coffee and say hi to Lid! Just click on the logo and you will be magically transported to a very happy place (one of those happy places that we all try to get to now and then!)
Here are a few Q & A's that may tell you a little more about my schizo personality!
1. Ever had any run-ins with the "library police?"
I’ve had lots of overdue books, but I’ve never been cuffed and hauled away!
2. Do you have a special organizational plan and place for wrapping paper, gift bags, etc., or do you just purchase whatever you need as you give gifts?
Yes, I have a plan; it’s not really organized however. It’s the basement, and it’s the place where everything goes that can’t fit in a drawer or closet upstairs.
3. Have you ever been in (first-hand witness) a natural disaster?
Yes. I grew up in Southern California and was privy to the 1971 Simi Valley Earthquake, as well as, the 1993 San Fernando Valley Earthquake. There was no structural damage where I lived, but I got to experience the “rolling and shaking” with a little gusto. Then, there is the natural disaster of my oldest daughter’s bedroom….. I’m up on my tetanus shots, so don’t worry!
4. What's your favorite Barry Manilow song?
“I Write the Songs,” “Somewhere in the Night.”
5. What's the best costume you've ever worn?
My Birthday Suit, but I didn’t win any prizes…just blood-curdling screams!
6. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I use the dictionary more often…very often…all of the time!
7. What's your favorite breakfast food?
My favorite breakfast consists of eggs, potatoes & gigantic blueberry muffins… then a nap.
8. Have you ever purchased anything from an infomercial?
I have purchased enough junk from infomercials to fill up an entire room! I’ve bought exercise equipment, hair removal, acne removal, diet/exercise programs, subliminal message tapes, books…it’s very embarrassing!
9. Have you ever crawled through a window?
No, I can’t fit through a normal sized window, unless it is a sliding glass door, then I would just walk through it.
10. Do you believe in love at first sight?
Absolutely! Many years ago, I made a connection with someone as I was coming out of an elevator. It was something I had never felt before, or since.
11. How man pairs of jeans do you own?
I own two pair of jeans; they are both made from stretch denim and have stretch waistbands for my womanly figure.
12. If someone were going to bake a cake to honor/represent you, what would it be? (Think creatively, like Duff and Crew on "Ace of Cakes.")
It would be a three-tiered, square white cake with white frosting, and a border of red roses and green vines. The top cake would be covered with a pyramid of many, many, many chocolate, strawberry, and white iced petite fours (sp? – oh, I have to use the dictionary) – petit fours. This way, I wouldn’t feel like I’m pigging out if I just have a handful of the little cakes, instead of my usual practice of burying my face in the cake until it was totally consumed!
Please stop by and say hello to Lid at 2nd Cup of Coffee
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!