This is a fun meme that I found at Linda's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee. She's changed it up a little with a Christmasy Theme. Please stop by and share a cup with her. She'll be the bright spot of your day!
Well, here goes:
1. Gingerbread: For or against? Discuss. For, until I watched the "Brothers Grimm" movie with Matt Damon and Heath Ledger. A blob of black goop turned into an evil Gingerbread Man and I just can't eat it anymore!
2. Is it important to you to always stay (live) close to family? It hasn't been that important, however, recent events in my life have made me want to live closer to family.
3. Which holiday pretend character do you wish really existed? Certainly not the Gingerbread Man!
4. Which holiday movie best represents how you feel about Christmas or life? "A Christmas Carol." We get so caught up in money stuff and stuff for us, that we lose sight of the real celebration. The movie also shows how old dogs can change and learn new tricks or ways of living.
5. Is there a particular Christmas song that you're enjoying now? Any that you're tired of? I never get tired of Christmas songs. My favorite song is the Carpenter's "Merry Christmas, Darling." You may already know this, but they wrote it for a college professor of theirs whose wife had passed away and he was going to have to spend Christmas without her. I think their gift was a perfect example of the Christmas Spirit, and I get teary-eyed thinking of him listening to the song for the first time.
6. What is your favorite way to remember those less fortunate at Christmastime? At my work, we have needy families who give us wish lists. All of the items are written on snowflakes and everyone picks out a few. The gifts are returned to the school. Then we deliver the gifts to the families.
7. Does it upset you to see "Xmas" instead of Christmas? How about "Happy Holidays" etc., instead of "Merry Christmas?" "Xmas" doesn't bother me, but the politically correct crap does.
8. How many Christmas programs are you attending this month? None so far. We plan to attend a program that our neighbors are performing in.
9. Are you dreaming of a white Christmas? Any chance of that dream becoming a reality? I'm from California. I've been dreaming of a white Christmas my entire life! I have had a couple since we moved to the Midwest. I don't think we will have one this year, but we may get a dusting.
10. Tell me about a Christmas present you received as a child. Pics are always nice. I received a baby doll that moved its arms and legs when you wound it up. (You need to remember that I received this doll during the dinosaur era when they were just beginning to experiment with movable limbs.)
11. How many Christmas parties are you attending this month? I am attending our office luncheon tomorrow and that will be it!
12. How do you keep yourself centered on the significance of Christmas? I get out of my selfcentered persona and concentrate on the joy and happiness of others. And, I sing "Happy Birthday Jesus" Please check out YouTube - Avery Winter-Happy Birthday, Jesus (Cactus Theater) url - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=claKP84h9EE&feature=related
Thanks for humoring me by reading this! I wish everyone the best holiday celebration ever!