Saturday, March 16, 2013

Good Friends Hereafter



Welcome to Saturday Centus, #151, the brainchild of a most prolific and entertaining blogger/writer, Jenny Matlock.  Each week she challenges her readers to write a post from a prompt of her choice, or the choice of a guest blogger/writer, using a certain amount of words (normally about 100 plus the words in the prompt), and using a form of our choice (poetry, prose, fiction, non-fiction, song or rant).  This week's prompt is Thank You, Beryl! and my story follows.

Growing up, there was a family on our block from England. I was fascinated with the language, our differences and the things we had in common.  There were three kids and their parents, Jack and Beryl.  I could listen to Beryl's voice for hours.  She had a quirky sense of humor that made me laugh.  Even when she was dying of cancer, she was full of wit.  We talked shortly before she passed, and I asked her to give my love to my mom when she saw her.  She said she would.  I am sure they met and my message delivered...thank you, Beryl!

Thanks for stopping by today and humoring me.  Please hop over to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus page by clicking on the logo below.  See what other literary delights you may find!




Jenny Matlock

5 comments:

Bethe77 said...

Loved your story. It was sad yet happy as you knew your message was delivered. Well done.
Blessings

Jeanie said...

What a perfect story for the prompt and a great memory to share.

Eden House News and views said...

That has had my tears flowing thank you. Mum has a nephew called jack . He is a fire chief in Wa.
She did indeed have a lovely voice. Sadly I can no longer remember it
Thank you x

~UnSuper Mom~ said...

Wonderful!

Jenny said...

What a wonderful story.

This was touching indeed.