Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Frags - Oh is it Friday Already?



Just a quick howdy and here's what's new!  THE CARDINALS ARE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Spent last weekend purging the basement at the St. Louis house...I survived...I didn't even have to take pictures of stuff I threw out!  Will go back again next weekend to (hopefully) finish the job!  Need to pull off some wallpaper...not excited about that!  While standing at the kitchen window, watched a family reunion of squirrels, the resident woodchuck, and a small group of deer who like to pass through our common area.  We just get skunks in Chicago! Sorry, didn't take any pics! 



The highlight of my weekend was getting together with my YaYa Sistas!  We all worked together at the same preschool about 10 years ago, instantly became bestest buds, and continue to keep in touch.  One summer we all went to see "Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood" which has bound us together forever!  One sister lives in Washington state, one in Kansas, one in Illinois (moi) and the last one in Missouri.  I LOVE  these ladies, and it was Divine intervention that got us all in St. Louis on the same day!  May I introduce (our movie star names given to us back in the day) from left to right, Lisa Marie Presley, Elizabeth Taylor, Jennifer Lopez and Rita Hayworth. It's been a week since we saw each other, and it still seems like just yesterday for me!

I get to spend my weekend at work...making up for the lost wages of last weekend's fling!  That's okay...I'm taking notes for my book on retail adventures!  Big shoe sale at Macy's this weekend...come on by!

Thanks for stopping by here today!  Please check out the Fragments of some wonderful friends over at Mrs4444 at Half-Past Kissin' Time.  Just click on the logo below!  Have a great weekend!  It will be full of Baseball (ahem...Cardinals), football, hockey and all the fun things the kids will be doing!


Half-Past Kissin' Time


9 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Your Cardinals are like The Little Engine That Could. They just keep on thinking they can and somehow they do.

Good for them.

Claudya Martinez said...

I love the Yaya picture!

Stacy said...

Aauugh! That first picture is like a stab in the heart. I'm from just outside of Pittsburgh and we were sure enjoying having a winning team for the first time in 21 years. Still proud of our Buccos, though. And congrats to the Cardinals.

Kim Lehnhoff said...

I'm with Stacy, I wanted to see the Buccos in the playoffs.

It's hard to live in Cardinal land right now.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Did you stay up to watch all 13 innings last night? That was one exciting game!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Beth said...

I love the picture of the yaya sisters. It truly is a wonderful thing when you find women to connect with like that and no matter where you are in the world can stay in touch.

Mary said...

Oh, how fun to get together with former coworkers!

Doreen McGettigan said...

Good luck to your Cardinals! I know how exciting it is to have your team in the playoffs and how sad we are here in Philadelphia because all of our teams are doing poorly.
You and your girls are lovely! I will be seeing my yaya's next week in North Carolina. We do the traveling pants thing too:)(I have had the pants for 2 months now.)
Have a great weekend!

nancygrayce said...

Nothing like a group of friends that stays in touch!