Friday, September 11, 2015

Forever Changed







It has been 14 years to the day since the most horrendous event in my lifetime occurred. I will never forget the images of the day and the helplessness that I felt for the weeks that followed. As we became glued to our televisions, we learned more each day.  And with each new report, my heart would break into a million pieces over and over.  I was fortunate to have four children that needed my attention...and distraction. It was very important to me to keep their eyes and ears away from the news as much as possible.  I prayed every single day.



Each year on this day, we solemnly remember the events and celebrate the lives of those who were lost.  We honor those in heaven, as well as, the thousands of people who stepped in to help someone in need.  I still hear new stories of heroes who made a difference in the lives of those who were suffering.  They continue to make a difference every single day.  God Bless each and every one of them.

There were babies born on that day; birthday parties were planned; anticipation was building for an anniversary or family reunion celebration.  All of these celebrations have been touched by this event, but by no means diminished.

On September 11, 2001, I was expecting to celebrate my 25th wedding anniversary.  We decided to postpone our event for a later date.  We continue, by God's grace, to celebrate our wedding anniversaries and feel blessed to have had so many years together.  Cute couple...don't you think?





Thank you for your visit today.  I hope your weekend is wonderful!


No comments: