Friday, September 11, 2015

Fully Fragmented




Thanks to Traci at A Star In My Universe, this wonderful place called Friday Fragments is still a bright spot in my blogging life, where I can share the exciting events of my life! At my age, it is usually encompasses my getting out of bed unassisted, and pouring myself a cup of coffee each morning! Once these two events have taken place, my world is ready to begin!

Today, I am blessed to celebrate 39 years of marriage to a great guy!  We've had many a storm, but managed to come out of them practically unscathed.  We've laughed and cried and embarrassed the heck out of each other.  We raised four extraordinary children, who managed to live through all of our parenting blunders (thank you, God, for therapists) and who now are each on their own path to rule their world.

Media has changed the way we all live our lives, and this week has been full of many reminders of the tragic events of 9/11/01.  Many of us will forever be touched by actions of this date.  I believe that it made us stronger, and brought out the best in the human condition as evidenced by the selfless acts of those who wanted, and still want, to help. God rest the souls of those who fell, and God Bless the rest of us who remain.

I'm going to have a second cup of coffee.  Would you care to join me?










2 comments:

StarTraci said...

First off, congratulations on 39 years of marriage! That's so wonderful.
Our lives were definitely changed that day. It is why my husband joined the military and we left NY.
Have a wonderful week. Thanks for joining in the frags.
Traci

Chris H said...

39 years is a great achievement Chick! I would join you in the coffee... IF I drank the stuff. lol