Thursday, February 4, 2016

A Little Romance to Heat Up The Month!


 
I was recalling my most favorite Romance movies, when I realized that my memory just doesn't have enough space to hold them all.  I could watch Romance movies (chick flicks) 24/7 if I could afford to, and be a perfectly content! To help my lack of memory, I googled "Romance Movies."  There are only 32,543 of them listed...I just didn't have the time to search them all!  So I went through the top 25 and picked out a few to share with you!

Somewhere in Time with Christopher Reeve and Jane Seymour has got to be my all time favorite.  I watch it as often as it comes on both cable and network television.  It's a movie that intrigues me with it's time and space ideas.  That first kiss...oh, my...I will never forget it!




I have watched Pride & Prejudice at least a dozen times in the last six months.  I will never tire of it!  Keira is delightful and Matthew MacFadyen is...well...if I were 20 years younger!  The build-up of anxiety when they find each other in the meadow...I really hoped they would have kissed!

  

 
 Who doesn't love John Cusack?  Serendipity, for me was a reminder to listen to those little signs and messages and gut feelings that we experience from time to time. Persistence and faith will always guide us to happiness.




Bogie and Bacall, Tracy and Hepburn, Taylor and Burton....Hanks and Ryan are right up there on the screen with the best of them.  They know how to make magic.  I love Sleepless in Seattle and the message that we all have a "special someone" just for us! 





The Lake House took me a little time to figure out. Here's another movie that deals with time and space, and I want to believe that maybe somewhere, at some point, it might be possible.  I love the banter between Sandra and Keanu.  It's almost like they had known each other in a different life...like maybe they road a bus together once...or something!




I fell in love with Always, not just for the underlying love story, but also for the hope that we might be able to receive messages from our loved ones who have passed on.  There are many books and movies that explore this possibility.  I would love to think that some form of communication is possible.  Maybe the songs we hear, or the words we read or hear others speak, could be someone saying hello from far away.  One never knows!


What are your favorites?  What movies light that little flame inside to warm your heart and take you away for an hour or two?

This post of my five...well, six...of my 100 favorite Romance movies is brought to you by Mama Kat's Writers Workshop.  Please click here to visit her site and let your mind and heart be entertained.

 
Thanks for stopping by today! Have a great weekend...watching movies, or maybe a football game!

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh I love the Lake House! I haven't seen that movie in forever! I love Love Actually, Pretty Woman. Titanic if I can stay awake long enough -- oops.

Lori said...

I watch Serendipity every Christmas. I love Out of Africa with Meryl Streep. Good list!

Anonymous said...

Great picks! I have seen most of those but not The Lake House. Oddly enough, my favorite romance movie is Groundhog Day. While not a primarily romance movie, the story in it is one of my faves. Visiting from the Writer's Workshop, btw. :)

Unknown said...

Some of my favorite movies! I LOVE Pride and Prejudice and I can't wait for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies to come out.

KatBouska said...

I can't believe I have NEVER seen Pride and Prejudice. Need to add that to my list asap! The Notebook is a favorite of mine. Pulls me in every time!