Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Motivate, Schmotivate...


Did you ever have one of those days where your brain is processing 50 million things at the same time? For instance, every time I want to blog, I get bombarded with ideas of things to write about. Each idea is worth about one paragraph, and there really isn't much transition material to mesh one idea into another. So, I sit around, talk with the girls, get a drink of water (I'm now faithfully drinking at least 4-6 glasses a day)and slap my hands when I start to reach for something sugary!

My registration with the website to post weight loss failures like NOT exercising, NOT being honest about keeping a food diary and NOT following any of the rules.... sort of went out the window! The school I work for has challenged another nearby school to a "Biggest Loser" type of contest. The Gestapo at my school who is running this contest has issued everyone their orders. "You vill co-opevate with us" he says with a smile.

I have to 1) weigh myself once a week; 2) write down every piece of food that I shovel into my bird-like mouth; 3) follow a rigid and unrealistic food plan (I am kidding a little about this) and 4) exercise for 20 minutes a day. I can't just walk the dog, or chase her around the house...I have to bench press her, lift and (whatever that other word is that professional lifters do) "squat", sit-ups, free weights (with family size soup cans), and don't forget the "Thigh-Master" exercises! I really would like to tell this guy a thing or too, but he knows what he is doing. Some time ago, he was laying flat on a gurney in the hospital, having a heart attack. He made a deal with the big guy, and he has more than come through with his part of the bargain. He is the most buff teacher we have at the school, and that includes all of our really hot P.E. teachers! And, he is the nicest person you'll ever meet! He is an inspiration to anyone who wants to improve their health and mental well-being.

Wow! I've managed to stay on target for more than a paragraph! Once I get going, it starts falling into place! Sometimes I rock! I will keep you posted on the progress when I weigh in again on Sunday! I hope that you are having a good day. If not, try to give a smile to someone and really mean it. If you can't do that, write, watch TV, or walk the fish...just stay away from the kitchen!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!

I'm not following the interview rules and posted the questions on my blog. I'm lazy like that.