Friday, August 21, 2009

Procrastinator Queen


So, I'm sitting here with the best of intentions to write about: my day; my kids; my job; my lack of living a healthy lifestyle; the return to another school year, yadda, yadda, yadda!! What I really want to do is read about five billion blogs and comment on at least half of them! For a great chuckle, check out "My Husband is Annoying." I'm sure you've seen it advertised on your local news. It will either either make you laugh 'til your gut hurts, or, make you think the author is annoying!

My Kids: Hero doesn't want to come home and have free room and board. He likes his little college town. That's okay; his room was invaded five years ago by Ed within minutes of his leaving for college.

Rock is leaving for school tomorrow. He will be a college senior who dreams of the "college after-life." Should he throw himself into the band? Should he try to get an internship where he can use his art talent (and not just sit around answering phones)? Decisions, decisions! I'm so lucky that his college is only 30 minutes away...close enough to do laundry on the weekends, but far enough that I don't think about what he does during the week!

Ed, has carried on the tradition of having the most obscene and disgusting bedroom! It's as bad as any teenage boy's room! Her brother would be so proud! Let the bugfest begin! She has come of age by turning 18 and it changes almost everything! I no longer have control of everything in her life. The free spirit inside her that has wanted to break free, has done just that! She thinks she's ready to fly away! (please stay...just a little bit longer!)

My sweet little Katya is learning what it is to burn the candle at both ends. She is attending two different schools and has just been made a manager at her job. Sheesh! I'm exhausted just thinking about it. Ah, but she still makes the best Blizzards in town!

My job: I'm back at school, and sort of loving it... I was spoiled with sleeping in this summer. I'm paying for it now! But, it is great to be back with my co-workers, and, of course, the kids! I love getting a daily dose of the corny, silly, dramatic and "no clue" of 13 year olds!

Well, since I don't want to address my "lack of healthy lifestyle" right now, I will save it for another time. Suffice it to say that I am still on vacation, and I'm loving it!

4 comments:

Chris H said...

EEEE Gads! You LIKE 13 year olds! Forget the healthy lifestyle, you need to be checking out your head! lol

Jeanie said...

It does take a special person to really LIKE 13 year olds. I have only had 3 of my own....but I've known lots of them and they are sometimes hard to like. Hard to see the older ones leave the nest, but it's a great thing when they do it well.

Betty W said...

Hi, I saw your comment on Jeanie´s blog and decided to give you a visit. I like your writing. You are funny! Your kids sound so normal and I can tell you love them.
I will be back for more!

Jeanie said...

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. I'm enjoying learning some new things and really appreciate the support I've gotten. I look forward to continuing to read what others write and to writing some of my own thoughts when I have them.