Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Random Dozen



This is a fun meme that I found at Linda's blog, 2nd Cup of Coffee. Stop by and share a cup with her. She'll be the bright spot of your day!

1. I've always wondered why we were taught both printing and cursive. Do you prefer to print or write cursive? (Keyboard is not a choice.)

Cursive. It just flows better for me. I can read my printing better, but like writing in cursive.

2. Are you a dreamer or a realist?

Mostly I'm a dreamer. Maybe that's why it takes me so long to get things done!

3. Billy Joel or Elton John?

Elton John. I fell in love with my husband listening to his early songs.

4. What is the scariest movie you've ever seen? Not just horror flicks but also ones where the tension or suspense is killer, for example, Flightplan (2005): A bereaved woman and her daughter are flying home from Berlin to America. At 30,000 feet the child vanishes and nobody admits she was ever on that plan.

The Exorcist, Panic Room, The Entity.

5. Now what is the scariest real-life moment you've had?

I let my three year old climb too high on the ladder of a playground structure. I climbed up the ladder to get him and he fell before I could reach him. I caught him by his arm. The guilt is pouring out of me right now. Another moment was when I was driving on a local street and reached down to get something I dropped. When I looked up, I was about 20 feet behind a bus and I was traveling about 40 miles an hour. My first thought was to slam on the brakes, even though I knew we would crash. As I did, there was a force that turned the steering wheel to the right. I missed the bus by inches. I knew I had an angel in the car with me that day.

6. What word do you misspell without fail?

I can't just give one word. Thank goodness for spellcheck!

7. Name something you like to do but are not really talented or good at?

Dance, sew, craft, write....

8. Do you get your emotional/mental batteries recharged by being around people or by having alone time?

Being around people gives me a chance to see how others live their lives. I'm always learning new ways of doing things from others.

9. Have you ever been on TV?

Yes, the first day of school in Fourth Grade, I was on a TV show called The Princess. In my twenties I studied acting and was in a few non-union commercials and movies.

10. Apple or pumpkin pie? (Don't be greedy.)

Apple pie - it's a base for a giant scoop of ice cream!

11. How many magazine subscriptions do you have?

Right now, none. We cut back about a year ago to save money.

12. What lesson do you have to keep re-learning?

When to speak and when to shut up! When to let my teens spread their wings and fly on their own.

Have a great day! Enjoy your coffee!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I like this meme. It really helps us get to know people. I like Elton John, too, and I really wish I had those sewing and crafting skills.

Joyce said...

Hi...it was fun reading your answers...love your blog title btw...I may procrastinate on occasion : )

#12-yes, very tricky!

betty said...

these were fun to read to get to know you better :)

it is hard to know when to let teens fly on their own to gain experience with life; I still struggle with this and my youngest is 20.....

thank God for spellcheck for sure! I type 'the' a lot 'teh'

enjoy the day (and the coffee :)

betty

Betty W said...

Nr. 12 is so me.
I enjoyed reading your answers and getting to know you better!