Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Random Dozen - Mustang Sally Style


Oh, those were the golden days...not a care in the world. Those (big chested, and surgically enhanced)bouncy, adorable and (not natural) blond cheerleader types...they had it all, didn't they? I'm not going to say that I wasn't envious. I was a brunette; I was in student government because I didn't make the cheer squad; I was the girl next door, and nobody dates the girl next door in high school - except the boy next door. Why can't we be happy with the treasures that are smack dab in front of our faces, instead of our desire to run with the beautiful and popular?

My blogger buddy, Lid, at 2nd Cup of Coffee posts Random Dozen on Tuesdays and invites us to join in by answering 12 random questions and then posting them on our blogs and sites the next day. Just click on the logo and you will be magically transported to a very happy place (one of those happy places that we all try to get to now and then!)




Here are a few Q & A's that may tell you a little more about my schizo personality!


1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!

I’m sorry. Did you say high school graduation? I don’t recall graduation. Everything after the night of Prom (when I was not voted Queen) is a blur to me. I vaguely remember hearing something about a ’66 Mustang being found at the bottom of a quarry with traces of silicone, blond hair and a tiara.

2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?

Since I no longer have use for any "feminine" products, I always keep a bag of Hershey Kisses in a cooler in my vehicle. You never know when that special moment will strike!

3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?

On our calendar, we have three weddings, two showers, and two graduation open houses (one open house that we are hosting, and one that I will attend during the one that we are hosting).

4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.

It hurts.

5. What was the last thing you broke?

I dropped a vase of flowers while carrying it from the office to my car. It was a gift for secretary’s day. I think I may have said a few inappropriate words that afternoon.

6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?

We receive three to 10 pieces of junk mail daily. We cut out the words and use the letters for making ransom notes to send as birthday cards.

7. Do you like to shop by catalog?

I used to LOVE shopping by catalog and then the Internet was born. Instead of turning pages, now I just “click”. Some days I miss slapping those catalog pages!

8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?

My little cherubs wouldn’t know a lawnmower if it rolled over them! They’ve heard about them from their friends, but that’s about it. As of now, it is a “his job,” but if I don’t find summer employment, it will become “my job.”

9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?

I would like to redecorate my kitchen, then the bathrooms, then the living room, and finally the basement. Does anyone have an “in” with Ty?

10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?

I read the news online, watch the news on TV, and listen to news on the radio. Then I email Oprah.

11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

I do believe that most things happen for a reason, but for the life of me, I can’t figure out why I’m not rich and famous. It should have happened by now.

12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?

I do not to worry about doing things right. I know I’m going to make mistakes, so I just do my best, and if it works out, then I am happy. I do try to do the right thing as often as possible. Sometimes, it doesn’t always work out…like the ’66 Mustang thing.

Please stop by Random Dozen at 2nd Cup of Coffee and get to know Lid and her plethora of bloggy buddies.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok...I'm a chocoholic, but you've got me beat with the Hershey's Kisses in the cooler!! Such a smart woman is what you are!

Enjoyed all of your answers! You're a hoot!

Jenny said...

How Funny!! I loved your answers. I recieved the chuckle I needed today!! Thank you!!

Betty W said...

You crack me up! Your answers are so hilarious. Nr. 2 was perfect. I think I need to get a supply of those.
I´m glad I stopped by!

Leelee said...

I laughed at your emergency chocolate....I listed kleenex, but actually I have an emergency Hershey kiss stash in my car, my purse, my luggage....I just don't feel right without some in reach....

Claudya Martinez said...

I can't figure out why I'm not rich and famous either. Hmmm, I guess we're in the same boat.

Joanna Jenkins said...

You have a lot of really fun events to look forward to! I'd be packing the cooler in advance so I was totally prepared :-)

Have a blast!
jj