Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Dozen - What One Thing...


My blogger buddy, Lid, at 2nd Cup of Coffee posts Random Dozen on Tuesdays and invites us to join in by answering 12 random questions and then posting them on our blogs and sites the next day. Just click on the logo and you will be magically transported to a very happy place (one of those happy places that we all try to get to now and then!)

This week's Q & As:

1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch? 1-800-Papajohn’s. Actually, I can always fall back on grilled cheese and tomato soup.


2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.) My car keys? Kids? A snack for the long drive around the corner? Actually, I sometimes leave without my phone or without my grocery list, but I never leave home without a camera. One never knows when George Clooney is going to walk around the corner and “almost” bump into you.

3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting? The refrigerator. Actually, I could visit theatres with live performances every single day of every week of every year! I love dramas, musicals, comedies, and sweaty sports!

4. Share one factoid of your family's history. My great-great grandfather discovered a gold mine.

5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ....wanted to be a famous movie star."

6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be? Chocolate…maid service…Rachael Ray cooking dinner for my family every night!

7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ....I can be unbelievably boring!"

8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy? Something I can turn around and sell for $2.

9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ....the Etrade TV commercial with the babies." Actually, looking in the mirror does it for me anytime!

10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal? I’m doing it right now…write!

11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else? Ask God to take care of their needs. A coworker is having surgery tomorrow for liver cancer. He has been on my mind all day. Before I left work, I gave him a hug and told him that everyone was praying for him.

12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon? The end of the school year…Yay!!!!

Psalm 84:10a: Better is ONE day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trip to the refridgerator made me laugh! Me too!

Betty W said...

Reading these answers makes me not really believe that "you can be boring". Hilarious as always! :)

Jeanie said...

Your answers are not boring, so I don't much believe # 7. I don't leave without my camera either, but I sometimes forget that I have it. Sigh.

CiCi said...

You are funny. Sounds like your humor jumps in first and throws out an answer and then you think a little and give a second answer. So your funny bone is constantly in motion.

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh, I can't wait until you snap a pic of George Clooney at the grocery store.

Unspoken said...

Rachel Ray cooking? Yes! I hate to cook.