Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness, The Boss Style
I recently came upon this great meme sponsored by Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, quotes from a celebrity are posted, with questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's meme is about quotes from Bruce Springstein! Yum! Please pop over to Wicked and say hello! Just click on the logo for Wednesday Wickedness below!
Here are this week's quotes:
1. "When it comes to luck, you make your own." Do you believe you have that type of control over your luck?
If I had any type of control over my luck, I would be living the dream somewhere on a warm beach with drop-dead gorgeous guys making a fuss over me! Actually, I believe that luck is just that...there's only one who has control over it...the guy who programs the machines!
2. "You've got to learn to live with what you can't rise above." What is something you have had difficulty rising above?
The fact that Sandra Bullock is getting all the good movie roles! Actually, I have difficulty rising above the need to let go of my kids.
3. "Poor men wanna be rich, rich men wanna be kings, and a king ain't satisfied til he rules everything." Would you want to be rich?
Duh...let's see! I certainly would like to try it for a while. Then, I could make an informed decisions based on the data.
4. "The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with." Tell us about a song that helps you "face the world."
The "Rocky" theme song, "Gonna Fly," and Cyndi Lauper, "Girls Just Want To Have Fun."
5. "In America everything's about who's number one today." Have you ever been a fan of someone you thought would last but turned out to be a flash in the pan?
Yes, Andrew from this year's "American Idol." He started out great, and I thought he would get so much better as time went on. Also, I could name a few politicians who fit this role, too.
6. "Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse?" Has any dream of yours come true?
If you mean literal dreams that happen while you sleep...I would be in deep doo-doo if any of those dreams came true. Otherwise, many of my "dreams" have come true. I married, I had children, I attended college, I was lucky enough to be in a TV commercial, I met a professional football player (I used to be obsessed with this one), and I once reached a weight goal. I still have a list as long as my arm.
7. "Our American government has strayed too far from American values. It is time to move forward. The country we carry in our hearts is waiting." What would you change if you became the president?
Well, Bruce, I guess you know about "straying" don't you? If I became president, I would instruct the Federal Government to perform their duties, and only their duties, outlined in the Constitution. Then, I would give back to the people everything that has been taken away from them in the last year and one-half.
8. "Yeah, I had gay friends. The first thing I realized was that everybody's different, and it becomes obvious that all of the gay stereotypes are ridiculous." How do you feel about gay rights?
Gay rights, minority rights, gender rights, religious rights, rights of children... people are people. There are "ridiculous" people who come from all walks of life, even the music industry. I think that if a person is honest, hardworking and has a good heart, it shouldn't matter.
9. "It's a sad man my friend who's living in his own skin and can't stand the company." How have you ever been disappointed in yourself?
I am disappointed in myself at least three or four times a day. But having hope that I might be able to make changes is all I need to get by. Having support from good friends doesn't hurt, either!
10. "The best music is essentially there to provide you something to face the world with." What is your favorite band?
I like music I can dance to... upbeat, loud and full of rich sounds. Music like this takes me away to a happy place where I can escape, regroup and come back stronger. I've heard that certain wines can have the same effect.
Well, there you have it! Please come play with us at Wednesday Wickedness!