Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness - Idiot Style
I recently found this great meme sponsored by Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, Janera posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's meme posts quotes from Lady Gaga, a very popular and unique entertainer. Please pop over to Wicked and say hello! Just click on the logo for Wednesday Wickedness below!
Here are this week's quotes:
1. "Peace. it does not mean to be in a place where there is no trouble, noise, or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Do you keep your cool no matter what is going on around you?
Yes, I'm a cool babe! I never let them see me sweat! I put on my happy game face while I stuff all of the stress, anger, resentment and killer instinct down my throat! Actually, keeping my cool is a shortcoming of mine. I have to work really hard at it.
2. "Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore." Do you feel that career should be more important than your love life?
Of course! Think of all the drama that can be avoided if we just worked on improving our networking skills, sleeping our way to the top and when crawling into bed after a long hard day, actually going right to sleep. Actually, I think this is a personal choice for each individual to make. I chose love and family, with no regrets. But I sure could use the extra money from an established career right now!
3. "You have to be unique, and different, and shine in your own way." In what way(s) do you feel that you are unique?
Certainly not as unique as you Lady! Who dresses you? I can't imagine anyone desiring to be so far out there as you are, with the only missing link being the language of Klingon. There is nothing wrong with being unique, different and shining. What is wrong are those who take unique to the gazillionth level!
4. "I want women -- and men -- to feel empowered by a deeper and more psychotic part of themselves. The part they're always trying desperately to hide. I want that to become something that they cherish." Do you feel that there is a part of you that you need to hide from most people?
Psychotic? Don't they put you away if you exhibit anything psychotic? Yes, there is a part of me that I need to hide, and I'm not going to tell you what it is, because I forgot where I hid it! We all have secrets that are best kept tucked away. I think that "cherishing" these secrets would make me psychoitic.
5. "Love is like a brick. You can build a house, or you can sink a dead body." Have you ever held on to a relationship even though you truly knew it was already over?
Yes, for 34 years! We keep tossing the same brick back and forth like a hot potato!
6. "Sometimes in life you don't always feel like a winner, but that doesn't mean you're not a winner, you want to be like yourself." Would your friends say that you are a winner in this game of life?
Yes they would, if I paid them enough money!
7. "A glamorous life is quite different to a life of luxury. I don’t need luxury. For years, I was practically broke but I was still very vain and glamorous. And I still am." Can you tell us about a time when you were broke and yet still happy?
Nope. Actually, I'm rarely happy...broke or in luxury although luxury is a little more comfortable to endure.
8. "I’m single right now and I’ve chosen to be single because I don’t have the time to get to know anybody. So it’s okay not to have sex, it’s okay to get to know people. I’m celibate. Celibacy’s fine." Do you think staying celibate between relationships important?
Well, I think it is just as important as being celebate during high school or college. If you are going to engage, it doesn't matter if it is in, out of or between relationships. Again, I think it is a personal decision. Having Lady say "it's okay not to have sex" is one of the more intelligent things she has ever said.
9. "Fight and push harder for what you believe in, you'd be surprised, you are much stronger than you think." Tell us about an incident where you were stronger than you thought you were.
Childbirth. I never expected to get through it, much less survive it! I surprised myself. It was also nice to not have to apologize for all of the four-letter words that accompanied the birth of each of my children.
10. "I lie in bed and try to pray and breathe. I have a very overactive mind. I’m the sort of person who’d never take medication to calm myself. It’s maddening. But I love what comes out." Do you feel that you always have the ability to calm yourself?
I have the ability to calm myself as long as there is chocolate within ten feet of me. However, I find it so much more fun to run around with a crazed look on my face. People feel sorry for me and give me things that they think will calm me down, such as metal restraints, a left hook, a push down the stairs, or even chocolate! Actually, this question deals with a similar subject to that of question #1. Over the years, I have learned several methods of relaxation, some of which include drugs. I like drugs and think they are good in most cases, but if the supply runs out, then I revert back to "calming" exercises, like lying on the floor and chanting. My problem is that I'm not always in an appropriate place to do this.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Please check out answers given by other bloggers like me. Just click on the logo above and you will be magically taken to Wednesday Wickedness! Happy Hump Day!