My mom's name was Jeanne. She went home almost 26 years ago. I think she knew she was going to be leaving because my last three months with her were amazing! I didn't realize how much she had taught me until after she was gone. Her footprints are forever embedded in my heart. These are some of the things I learned from my mom.
1. When you answer the telephone, say hello with excitement in your voice. It just might make the caller's day.
2. Every day of your life, do something that makes someone smile.
3. No matter how bad a day you have had, have the dinner table set when your husband or partner comes home.
4. Whenever you hold your baby in your arms, make him/her feel like they are the center of the universe.
5. Always speak and act like a lady. Avoid gossip and cursing.
6. If someone has treated you wrongly, pray for them to have a good day.
7. Always wear clean underwear.
8. Read as much as you can; it gives you something to talk about at parties.
9. Stay in touch with good friends.
This post is brought to you by Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. Each week she supplies her loyal followers with prompts to write a story, poem, photograph, etc. Please stop by and enjoy some of the great stories written from her prompts! Just click on the logo below.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your week!