Tuesday, March 29, 2011
"Y" Is For Ya-Ya Sisters!
Do you remember the 2002 movie ‘The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisters”? I was a teacher assistant for a preschool at the time. The most wonderful and divine group of women (teachers, assistants and staff) worked with me. We all went to see the movie during the summer and loved it! We loved the crazy hats that the Sisters all wore. One of the teachers made a Ya-Ya hat for a birthday present for one of the women. Everything that was pinned or glued to the hat held a special meaning for the recipient. Eventually, we all were given hats either for our birthdays, or as end of the school year gifts.
I still adore these women, even though many of us no longer work at the preschool. The happy (and sad) memories we all shared will be with me for a long time. Some of those memories, as well as, reminders of special people and events of my life, are all part of my hat. Let’s play a little game of “Find Bits of My Life”!
1. I was a Girl Scout growing up, and a Girl Scout Leader as an adult.
2. I used to work for Richard Simmons.
3. I love dogs.
4. I collect eyeballs (not real ones).
5. I smile and laugh a lot.
6. I like Firemen.
7. I love the Los Angeles Lakers.
8. I need a good watch because I’m always running late.
9. I always have band aids for kids who have boo-boos.
10. I have no idea why there is a trinket for a Nude Beach on my hat! I’ve never been to one. I think my friends thought otherwise, just because I’m from California!
Hope you enjoyed my “Y” report. For more fun with the letter “Y”, jump right over to Jenny Matlock Off on My Tangent by clicking the Alphabe-Thursday logo below!