Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Y is for Yankees!


Those of you who know where I live are aware of which baseball team is my favorite. I used to be a Dodgers fan back in the day, but after moving to St. Louis, and getting swept up in the red tornado that owns the city from spring to October, I am proud to be one little piece of Cardinal Nation. The fans are terrific! On opening day, everywhere you go...grocery store, school, work, the mall, church (well maybe not church, but after church) is a sea of red as far as the eye can see! I am moving to Chicago next month, but it is going to take an act of you-know-who to make me change loyalty!

So, you say, "No Excuses, what do the Cardinals have to do with the Yankees, other than both being great baseball teams?" I say to you, I was blog hopping today and found this amazing post about Mariano Rivera of the Yankees by Anna at An Inch of Gray. The post is about how this baseball player has affected her family. You simply must visit this blog and see what I mean! Be sure to have some kleenex handy!

This post is brought to you by the Letter Y. Please do your own blog hop and visit Jenny Matlock, Off On My Tangent by clicking on the logo below! You will find some very interesting "Y" posts when you are there.

Jenny Matlock

8 comments:

Jo said...

I am intrigued, I will definitely check it out!

My name is Riet said...

Yes that is a great Y word.
I love the music here on your blog. Beautiful.

anitamombanita said...

Yankee is a great word for this week.

Denise said...

OK. I forgive you. LA Clippers doesn't have one single y in it, so I guess you couldn't rave about my team.

Judie said...

Good "Y" word, Liz! The only sports I watch on t.v. are golf and college football. HOWEVER, when I have gone to baseball games, I've always had a wonderful time!!

Cheryl D. said...

Great Y word!

Question for ya: if you do comment moderation, why do you also do word verification? I HATE word verification!

noexcuses said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

The only sports I watch are when my Grandlittles are playing them.

I wish I loved baseball! It is such a fun game!

Yankee is such a great, original word for the letter Y. I would never have thought of it!

Thanks for linking.

A+