Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sundays in My City - Post-Mother's Day



Welcome to Sundays in My City, a weekly meme brought to you by the effervescent Unknown Mami of San Francisco, California. Through pictures and stories, her followers share their cities and events. I would like to share an event that happened in our house beginning a few weeks ago.

Life is "a changin'" here in my house and I can't seem to get off of the "retirement/babies moving out/mother of all garage sales/cleaning house in places that have never seen daylight" merry-go-round! I am far from finished, but I realized that my passion for writing was being neglected!

The above picture is the final project of my darling Ed. You may recall my last post showed the computer version of Katia in Wonderland falling down the rabbit hole. Ed hand painted this picture and added a lot of dimentia...I mean dimension! She received an "A", which just happend to save her butt from an "F" because she never went to class! I remember cutting classes in college. For years and years after graduation, I would have dreams about it being the last day of school, I'm taking the final, and I have no idea about the class subject! And, then there were the "naked" dreams... oh my! That's when I started wearing jammies to bed!

I'm from St. Louis, Missouri! Welcome to my City!


Thanks for the visit! Please stop by and say hello to Unknown Mami by clicking on the logo below! You will love the reading about cities and their resdients from anywhere and everywhere!


Unknown Mami

8 comments:

Tara R. said...

That is a very cool painting. Well done!

Jeanie said...

I never had the naked dream, but I also had the one for years after college about taking a final for a class I had never been to....it was always a Spanish class.
Good luck on all the getting ready to move activities.

Naperville Now said...

Would love to meet you in your new town. We used to live in St. Louis -- west county, but moved around before settling in Naperville. Schaumburg is about 45 minutes from here -- coffee sounds like a plan!

Wayne W Smith said...

What an interesting mural...

Vidya Sury said...

Well done painting! I am going over to read the Katia in Wonderland link. :-)

qandlequeen said...

Find a way to archive all of that kid art. It's priceless, you know!

Unknown said...

As I skip from blog to blog, I am procrastinating. I really should be doing a paper for uni but this is so much more fun.
Oh and I really liked the computer version but the painted version is awesome.

Claudya Martinez said...

I love piece, it came out wonderfully. Very trippy.