Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Fragments - 46 Mommas



As my Friday Fragments post, I would instead really love to share this You Tube made by a photographer who shot the event on Tuesday of this week. This amazing group of women came from all over the country to shave their heads for Childhood Cancer. The video tells more about them. It is very moving and inspiring. Tonight is "Stand Up 2 Cancer" and will be a very powerful event. These ladies will be on at the beginning of the program. I have the incredible privilege of being online buddies with two of the moms who I followed through much of their journeys and fight through Care Pages.

If you can't watch tonight, please take a few minutes and watch now. Thank you and God Bless you.




"Neva Div Up"

Liz

Thank you to the wonderful Mrs4444 for hosting this great Friday forum where we can talk about anything that might not make a whole post! Just click on the logo below and you will be swiftly transported to her blog!

Mommy's Idea

6 comments:

won said...

I had to give it a lot of thought and I have decided I won't be watching tonight. I just can't.

I am a mom of a cancer child who has passed and I have also shaved my head for the cause.

It's just too close to home for me to watch today....

But I commend the 46 mommas!!!!

Jeanie said...

I am watching the show right now. I lost my mother and my best friend to cancer....thank you so much for posting this.

Kristin - The Goat said...

It's a tough weekend with all of the 9/11 stuff on tv, too. My tear ducts can hardly take any more.

Kristin - The Goat

Doreen McGettigan said...

It is a tough weekend! We have suicide awareness(lost a stepson) cancer; currently know 3 people really battling and the 9/11 stuff. Teary; teary weekend for sure!

Stacy said...

An amazing group of women. Thanks for sharing. :)

Mrs4444 said...

Wow. That was incredible. Thanks for sharing that.