Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sundays in My City - Mud Mania


When the kids were younger, our parks and recreation would hold an event called "Mud Mania." It was an obstacle course in dirt ditches filled with water. As kids worked their way through the tires, large plastic drain pieces and climbing structures, they slowly took on about ten pounds of mud each!



There was a lot of supervision! We were warned ahead of time not to send kids in "nice" clothes! At the end of the course, everyone stood under the showers for as long as they wanted. Most of the clothes and shoes were done for, and if you forgot to lay plastic everywhere in the car, your may be done for, but the smiles made up for everything!



My girls were mad because I didn't let them anywhere near the mud. They, however, got to play on the "bouncy" toys!

Unknown Mami


Have you heard of Unknown Mami? She has a delightful blog where she shares photos of her city on Sundays. She invites the rest of us to link up with her and share some of our own city's photos. Click on the logo to visit Sundays in My City!

I live in St. Louis, Missouri! Welcome to my city!

10 comments:

urban muser said...

the mud looks kind of fun. dirty, but fun!

jp said...

great blog name and header...

Claudya Martinez said...

Oh man, that looks like a little boys paradise.

DontSayHurry said...

Ohh! That looks like so much fun! I should suggest that in our local area. Maybe the girls can have their own fun later, no boys allowed!
Thanks for sharing,
CJR

Sonya said...

Oh wow..now thats some serious fun!!!

Chris H said...

OMG Griffin would love that! Brylee... not at all. lol

One Photo said...

That looks like a lot of fun! But I think it's a shame the girls don't also get to do it, my mess loving daughter would definitely want to join in.

Joanna Jenkins said...

Yep, the mud would be a deal breaker for me too.
happy SIMC, jj

brainella said...

I'd have jumped in with them. That looks like a blast! ;)

Deborah Ann said...

Whoa, that looks like a blast! What a great way to make a blessing out of something ordinary...

Blessings to you and yours!