Ten Reasons Why I Love My Job
1. I love the fact that I live only two minutes by car; 10 minutes by foot.
2. I clock in at 7:00am, but I get to clock out at 2:30pm each day.
3. I get to come home for lunch, walk the dog, read a few blogs, and return to work, all within a half-hour.
4. I get to work with some amazing adults, who teach me something about kids almost every day. I even learn ways to handle my own children at times.
5. I also get to work with some amazing women who tell me daily that “they have my back.”
6. I get to try out my corny jokes and quirky writing skills in an email every day that publicizes lost and found items in the school.
7. I get to walk about a mile every day while at work. I deliver notes to the kids about items brought up to them, when they are getting signed out for an orthodontic appointment, or need to visit the principal’s office…
8. I get to take classes that help me perform better at my job. I get to take these classes during working hours, and usually with a lunch squeezed in at some fun restaurant.
9. I get to meet people from many different walks of life, and learn to appreciate our differences.
10. I get to be around some really amazing kids, who are learning to cross that bridge from elementary school life to future high school adventures. I learn a great deal from these kids every single day.
Thanks for the visit! I feel so very lucky to love the place that I drag my sorry butt to five days a week! This post is brought to you by Writer's Workshop and Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It. Click on the logo and get some great reads in!