Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness - "Beam Me Up, Scotty!"
Welcome to Wednesday Wickedness, a weekly meme that I love to post. It is a great meme sponsored by a very clever woman who calls herself Janera. Each week, she posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's guest is William Shatner! I hope you enjoy his quotes and my slightly annoying responses!
Here we go!
1. “Captain Kirk has been a source of pleasure and income a long time now.” Who is your favorite Star Trek character of all time including all the shows and movies? Why?
It would be Kirk. He was the show. I loved the movies that were made with members of the original cast. Special effects had come a long way since the 60's.
2. “But if you want to know the truth, the weirdest thing that has happened has been my discovery that people who attend conventions are filled with love.” What was the last public gathering that you attended where you “felt the love“?
The Bill O'Reilly/Glen Beck Tour. No, not really. Race for the Cure.
3. “How do I stay so healthy and boyishly handsome? It’s simple. I drink the blood of young runaways.” What do you do to stay youthful?
Hang out with middle school kids. (That's where I work!)
4. “I think acting satisfies the need and desire for approval.” What in life gives you a feeling of approval?
Not a damn thing! I have learned never to depend on anyone or anything but myself for approval. Now, appreciation is another thing! I always desire and need to be appreciated. I usually suck up royally when I want that!
5. “No I don’t regret anything at this point. That may change on the next phone call, but at the moment I don’t regret anything.” What is a decision that you have made that others thought you’d regret, but you haven’t?
Those close to me, way, way back in the day, thought I'd regret wasting my time pursuing an acting career. I have never regretted those two long, lonely years. I learned that I'd never do Broadway because I couldn't sing, and I always got stage fright. I learned in my twenties that I was too old to be an ingenue, and too innocent to play a hooker. If I had never tried, I would never have been enlightened!
6. “If you make a fool of yourself, you can do it with dignity, without taking your pants down. And if you do take your pants down, you can still do it with dignity.” When did you last get asked when you made a fool of yourself? (Extra points if you guess the correct meme.)
I was asked this question in the Angelina Jolie Wednesday Wickedness. Pulling my pants down would be the ultimate foolish act by me. If there was any doubt about my "foolery" this would confirm it once and for all!
7. “One of the advantages of being a captain is being able to ask for advice without necessarily having to take it.” What is the best advice that you’ve ignored?
Finish my undergraduate degree before having children; losing the baby fat after having children!
8. “I’ve never had green alien sex, although I’m sure it will be quite an evening!” What did you do the last time that you had “quite an evening”?
Well, Bill, I've never had green alien sex either. Let me know if you'd like to give it a try. My "quite an evening" would be 1) the old ball and chain is out of town; 2) pancakes, quiche and strawberries for dinner; and 3) all three Bourne movies on TV the same night!
9. “Don’t just shove food into your mouth. Taste the flavor exploding in your mouth. Appreciate the texture. Honor your food with the time you take.” Describe your perfect meal.
See answer to #8 above.
10. “For commercial reasons, we stayed away from advancing the theory of God.” Are there topics that you stay away from on your blog to remain non-controversial?
I make a point of staying away from politics. I did slip once when answering a meme question, but fortunately, at the time, I only had two subscribers, and they didn't comment. I have very strong feelings about this issue, but I'm just not up for the fights that ensue when others, just as opinionated as myself, express their feelings!
Thanks for stopping by today! Please pop over to Wicked and say hello! Just click on the logo for Wednesday Wickedness below! You will love to read the responses of some of Janera's friends!