Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness - Kim Kardashian
Welcome to this always fascinating meme sponsored by Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, Janera posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's meme posts quotes from mega celebrity, reality show diva and entrepreneur, Kim Kardashian. I hope you enjoy her quotes and my sometimes silly responses!
1. "White is actually one of my favorite colors. I have a white car. I love white." Tell us about your first car.
My first car was a beige 1956 Ford Falcon. It was so old that I needed a choke to get it started. If you know what I’m talking about, then you are very old like me! The year was 1971, and I didn’t have to pay for it, so I was very happy. Beige is not my favorite color, although it is sort of close to white. Give your life a few years with kids, Kim. I don’t think your favorite color will be white any more.
2. "I've just had enough of people misrepresenting me. Get to know me and see who I am." Have you ever been paranoid?
I have been paranoid for most of my life. I grew up in Southern California. I think paranoid is a very normal survival tactic. Get to know you, Kim? Well, I’m not sure that would be a good idea at this point. I don’t want to add schizo to my paranoia!
3. "I opened the store myself. Even Paris and Nicky Hilton -- they`re completely independent too." How old were you and what were you doing when you became independent of your parents?
I became independent of my parents at age 19. It would have been later, but they were moving to some Poe-dunk town up the coast. I had just landed my first “real” job and was making just enough to pay my way! I loved staying up until dawn watching movies, eating cereal for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and sleeping 75 percent of the weekend. By the way, Kim, Paris still needs her mommy and daddy when she gets busted…
4. "I want to be a Bond girl!" Have you ever wanted to be in the movies?
I have wanted to be in the movies since I was seven years old, but I refused to have my breasts augmented, eyebrows plucked, and I wouldn’t sleep around until I was 15. I also wanted to be a rock star, astronaut, and professional football cheerleader. Instead, I did things that were not as demanding, didn't need 20 years of education, and didn't require sit-ups.
5. "I would never snub Hugh Hefner. I love him and his whole team." How much money would it take for you to pose nude?
How much money would it take for me to pose nude? Are you crazy? When I think of all the lawsuits that would be filed for vision assault, it would have to be in the billions! I’m cute, but every body part I own has gone South, even the leftover baby fat!
6. "I think my sense of style is evolving. I'm figuring out ways to be sexy without having to flaunt it." Who are the top 3 sexy celebrities in your opinion?
Now, Kim, can you even spell the word “flaunt?” Paleeze!!! Your sense of style is that of “I want to jump your bones…do you think I’m sexy?” By sexy, does your question mean, “who do I want to do it to….or who or whom is easy on the eyes?” What do you think, Kim? The top of my list includes, George, Brad and Clive.
7. "I'm the girl who's too shy to dance in a nightclub — maybe for one song, and then that's it." Tell us about the last time that you danced in a nightclub?
I was 22 the last time I danced in a nightclub. It was the Whiskey in Hollywood. My date was approached in the men’s room by someone asking him, “how much for my company?” He and I both laughed about that for a long time!
8. "I want to be pregnant by the time I'm 30, hopefully." Since normal people don’t decide on having kids depending on their age, what factors do you think are important when making that decision?
What? I became pregnant when I was 30! I think it is a life changing event that requires much thought. One sacrifices their figure, gets stretch marks everywhere, and, for about six months, has to put up with everyone rubbing her stomach as though it is public property! Important factors to consider: 1) finish college; 2) sleep around; 3) travel and sleep around; 4) babysit someone’s infant; 5) marry someone who is either filthy rich or drop-dead gorgeous!
9. "My balance is really bad. I just hope my clumsiness doesn't show through". Is there anything about you that you hope doesn’t show through?
Clumsy can be good sometimes. Doors get opened for you, people let you cut in line because they want you away from them as soon as possible, the waiter will bring you a fresh drink, even though you already finished three-fourths of it before you spilled it. There are lots of things about me that I don’t want to show through, so why would I show them now?
10. "I eat less junk food, hardly any soda, and just try to eat more protein. I definitely can’t give up sweets all together, so I just toned them down!" How does one “tone down” their diet?
Milk is protein. Cookies are sweet. You can’t tone these down any further. However, if there are other proteins and/or sweets to be consumed, moderation is the word I like to use. Common sense is, perhaps, something that both Kim and I may share...NOT!
Thanks for stopping by for a while. Please pop over to Wicked and say hello! Just click on the logo for Wednesday Wickedness below!