Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Writer's Workshop - A Wardrobe Malfunction

I think my story is more of forgetfulness than of a malfunction, but I will share it with you anyway.

I have this cotton/rayon sleeveless dress (black with green leaves and white flowers) that has a matching short sleeve jacket. The dress is mid-calf in length, with a little bit of a slit up to the knee. The jacket buttons in the front, and has an open slit down the middle of the back. There is a button at the base of the back. I sometimes will wear the jacket over a black tank or shirt with pants or a skirt.

One Sunday, I hastily dressed for church as I was running late. I threw on a pair of black pants and threw the jacket on over my head. The service was very nice, and close to the end, I realized that I had nothing but my bra underneath the jacket.

“Oh, crap” I screamed inside of my head. “The minute I stand up, the people in back of me will see…oh, wait, I’ve already stood up when we were singing hymns!” I was totally mortified!!!

“How am I going to get out of here?” I am acquainted with several members of the church from my years at the pre-school. I couldn’t face anyone at this point!

“Oh, Lord…please don’t let anyone call my name or ask me to stop and chat!!!” I said to myself as I quickly made my way to the parking lot. Well, the good Lord heard my prayer. I walked swiftly to my car while pulling the back of the jacket down with one hand to close up the opening, and frantically clicking the remote with the other hand. I wanted to unlock I the car so I could throw open the door, slide in and get home….as fast as possible.

Once I realized that there probably were a few people who noticed, (and who were too kind to say anything) I laughed at myself all the way home! Whew!!! I vowed that from then on, I would check out the front AND back of me in a mirror!


Thanks for stopping by! This post is brought to you by Writer's Workshop and Mama Kat over at Mama's Losin' It. Click on the logo and get some great reads in!

Mama's Losin' It

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

A great and very funny story and the best thing is that you can laugh at yourself (at least after the fact).

Kim @ Not Your Typical Southern Belle said...

LOL, sounds like something I would do! Just here via Mama Kat.

CrazyLittleB_tch said...

All I can say is LOL!
That, and your blog heading is so pretty!