Sunday, August 26, 2012

My New City


Here is a sign I found in my new neighborhood! "Drive carefully, there are children on a see-saw and you might hit them if they are having too much fun!" Obviously, it is a warning to drivers that children are playing close by. I had to laugh, however, the first time that I saw this. I took it literally and searched the streets for see-saws! In the same area, I found a lot of geese, and geese poops! Didn't see any signs with that warning!

And here is a first: I'm originally from CA where the seagulls from the beach occasionally make their way inland. There are no such birds in St. Louis,(my former city) even though there is a river close by. We have seagulls in the suburbs of Chicago! Wow! They come in from Lake Michigan, and walk around in grocery store parking lots! I'm in awe of the interesting facts that I am learning in my new City!

I live in Chicago, Illinois! Welcome to my City!

This Sundays in My City post is brought to you by the vivacious Unknown Mami! Please click on her Sunday logo below to explore other fascinating places belonging to friends of Unknown Mami!

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week!


Unknown Mami

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the see-saw sign....I've never seen that one before.
I'm glad you are enjoying your new city.pagemark

Linda O'Connell said...

Thank you for following my blog. I just perused yours and will be back! I was born in Chicago but moved to St. Louis at a week old and St. Louis has been my home ever since.

Chris H said...

I have NEVER seen a road sign like that!
Kind of a strange way to tell you to look out for children.

Claudya Martinez said...

I already told you what I thought the first time I saw one of those signs. I still think their kind of funny in an odd way.