Thursday, August 23, 2012

No Mas Gorda!


No mas gorda, solomente gordita!  No more fat, just a little bit chubby.* I'm changing...I'm getting a little smaller, and for the first time (in a really, really long time) I have no clothes in the closet that fit me (without the assistance of safety pins, clothes pins and/or duct tape!)  What shall I do?  Anybody up for an "LET'S GO SHOPPING!" adventure?

I have finally been able to change my intake of eye-popping, spectacular tasting and nutritious foods to nutritious foods that look and taste good, for which I will be eternally grateful.  My "eye-popping" attraction is my addiction to sugar.  Sugar makes everything look and taste amazing....it just doesn't look amazing on me.  What do you think about these cupcakes I found today?





Kicking the sugar addiction has always been tough for me, but with the right support from friends and family, I have been clean and sober for five months now.  It will always be there, that little voice telling me "just try it"!  I just talk back (to myself, of course) to that little voice and say, "no thanks...I don't do that anymore!"  Also, I don't have to always be thinking about where my next "sugar fix" will come, or, are there enough vanilla creme cookies to get me through the night.  Don't laugh...I lived this!

The scale numbers don't matter, but what does matter is how terrific I feel!  It's great to be nice to people because I want to be nice to them. Too bad that the 50 million employers to whom I've sent resumes don't know just how nice I am! 

Thanks for stopping by today!  This "N" post is offered for Jenny Matlock's "Alphabe-Thursday" series.  Please click on the logo below to see other "N" stories by some very creative friends of Jenny!


Jenny Matlock


*To my Spanish speaking friends...please feel free to correct my grammar!

11 comments:

Chris H said...

Well done on your weight loss... I can remember how good it felt to lose weight!
JUST!
LOL... I'm not stressing about it though... it will happen again.

I hope you have luck on the job front soon.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

Wow that is excellent! Good for you. Those cupcakes are adorable but way too cute to eat!

Ames said...

Hooray!!! I'm so happy for you. Care to share. I am a sugar addict and struggling to stay away from diabetic medicines.~Ames

21 Wits said...

Oh my gosh, are those really Minnie Mouse cupcakes! Yummy!

Judie said...

For some reason, I have lost my taste for cakes and cookies. I did gain 4 pounds while living in a motel and eating out every night before our furniture arrived. I'm hoping it's just water-weight gain from all the salty restaurant food. Hmmm! Who am I kidding???

VBR said...

You are doing great! Your viewpoint on dealing with the sugar issues are very realistic and well thought out. You are going to continue to be successful.

To any and all who are told that you are pre-diabetic, or newly diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes and encouraged to change diet and exercise to stay off meds - DO IT!! If you change you eating habits, sometimes, just a little at a time,and start exercising more you can stave off the meds.

SarahBeth said...

I could pass up the cupcakes (though they are cute and yummy looking), but I have the hardest time with ice cream ....
Thanks for your visit!

anitamombanita said...

good for you!! sugar is such an evil temptation...I know. Just one little taste, how can it hurt? But then it's maybe just one more...and then one more. And the more you eat, the more you want because it never satisfies...ugh. So, hooray for you! Keep it up!!

Mrs4444 said...

Congratulations--I'm so happy for you. Have fun shopping, and keep the faith on the job front--sending good vibes your way...:)

Sonia Marsh/Gutsy Living said...

Well done. I have to say I am not a sugar fan, but I do like coffee, and a glass of wine at night. I think wine has enough sugar that I don't crave ice cream or cookies. I do like a nice Danish almond cookie when the weather is cold, which isn't too often in southern California. Thanks for coming over to say "hi." It's been a long time since I came over as well. A nice surprise.

Jenny said...

Sugar is hard to get away from. I struggle staying gluten-free as well!

Hooray for you!

I hope you find a nifty job soon!

Thanks for linking.

A+