Saturday, August 4, 2012

This is One Cool Puppy!

Welcome to Saturday Centus, the brainchild of Jenny Matlock of Off On My Tangent.  Each week, Jenny dares us to go beyond our literary wit by giving us a prompt to make into a story, poem, or other form written entertainment.  This week, our challenge is a picture and we have been instructed to write a poem using 100 words or less. The prompt is Dog Days of Summer and is in bold, below. Stop by Jenny's place by clicking on the logo at the end of my post. You will love reading the talent of some of Jenny's loyal followers!


    

I woke up this morning with a sneeze
Thought I'd go outside to feel the breeze
Dang, it's so hot!
Cool I am not
May I come back inside, please?

I saw a big box of ice from last night
Can I play in it, please? I won't start a fight!
I just want to feel
Something cool and real
I shall be so quiet if you say alright!

Yay!  I get to play in the ice
I jump in the pile, oh it feels so nice!
Dog Days of Summer
Can be such a bummer
Except when dad's cooler is full of ice! 





Jenny Matlock

11 comments:

Lynn said...

Cute! We all need to be as cool as this pup:@)

Jeanie said...

You wrote a very cool rhyme
about the hot summertime.

Susan Mystery said...

Love how this easily flowed and was totally dead on with the feeling of a hot day! Nice!

Viki said...

loved it, good job.

Susan Anderson said...

What a fun rhyme scheme.
Nice one!

=)

Naperville Now said...

awesome verse! and surprisingly, i feel much cooler.

Judie said...

Hope you took the beer out of that cooler before you dumped out the ice! Cute poem, Liz!!

21 Wits said...

Yay for coolers, especially when they have nice cold and sweet delights...! Great poem, of rhyme and reason!

Chris H said...

Cute poem... and that dog is soooo darling!

Nonna said...

Funny and clever poem from the dog's point of view...love it !!!

Jenny said...

Love this rhyming scheme.

Such cool rhythm.

Pun intended!

I really liked this!