Friday, October 12, 2012

Grateful for Fridays and Halloween Trees!

Thank goodness for Friday Fragments...a time for reflection, meditation, exasperation and appreciation to have the weekend in sight! 

Whew!  Dodged another few bullets this week...how about you? 

Temps in Chicago came down a bit.  We revved up the old (and it really is an old one) heater and to my surprise...it worked!  It sounded like being inside of a 747 taking off from the airport, but it worked! Gratitude for warmth until I get the rest of my winter clothes from the old house.  Gratitude for a working heater as I learn just how cold it is going to get!

Ongoing character building telephone conversations with the Department of Employment Security have taken place this week. Since my sparkling personality and short, but full-bodied resume, are not attracting the attention I thought they would, I have taken another route to secure funds to "keep" the house, the car, and all of the other necessary day-to-day expenses needed to keep a family together!  Since I haven't worked in IL, I filed for assistance from MO, since that was where I used to work.  It's a saga not worth your time right now, but will give me great fodder for future posts!   Gratitude for a roof over my head and food on the table for now! 

Can't say it's a good thing to see all of the Christmas decorations in stores BEFORE THE ACTUAL DAY OF HALLOWEEN, however, the child in me is loving the memories that the sparkling lights bring to my scattered brain. They give me a mini-break from the daily dose of reality that binds us all together!  Gratitude to know that we are all in this life together, doing the best we can!  By the way, the above picture is from a very creative young woman I found on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8ynn0HN434.

Thanks go out to Mrs4444 at Half-Past Kissn' Time for sponsoring Friday Fragments, a wonderful opportunity for friends to share their week, sigh and prepare for the weekend festivities!  Please click on her logo below and enjoy this week's comings and goings of many of her loyal friends.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend!


Mommy's Idea

9 comments:

21 Wits said...

So Spooooky-cool- boo-tiful and I too, am always-always grateful for yummy goody treats!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

Just found your blog and I love it already. Good luck on the job hunt - I know how that goes.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad you have some heat and some relief while the job hunt continues.
I wouldn't mind waiting just a little while to hae Christmas in our face everywhere we go. Lots of people around here have pretty elaborate Halloween decorations in their yards.

Claudya Martinez said...

Hang in there!

Chris H said...

Freaking job hunting must be awful... I'm so glad I am a kept woman! Tongue in cheek as I slink away................... lol

Keetha Broyles said...

You don't KNOW how it warms my heart to know there is ANOTHER procrastinator out there.

Is it a symptom of procrastination to want others to do the same I wonder?

betty said...

Its hard for me to go to the store and see the Christmas decorations up already; I wish they would wait at least until after Halloween; it would be nice if they waited until after Thanksgiving but we know that is not going to happen.

I hope you get the help you need to stay warm this winter as well as your other needs met. Hubby's been looking for a job for over 20 months, it can be so frustrating! Hope you find something soon!

betty

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I think I'm the original procrastinator! In fact, right now I'm doing that very thing, reading blogs instead of working in the yard! I wish it was cold here, but NO! Still summer here.

I admire you because I was reading your profile and you let your adult children be in charge of their own drama! Mine just keep pushing theirs on me!

Mrs4444 said...

Sorry it's taken me forever to get here! Has your job situation improved?

btw, you are a really great writer; your intro for Sundays IMC was original and just plain smart, and your description of FF also impressed. You should write more often :)