Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness - Marilyn Monroe
I love this weekly post that I recently found. It is a great meme sponsored by Janera at Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, she posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's guest is Marilyn Monroe! I hope you enjoy her quotes and my slightly different responses!
Here we go!
1. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." When are you are at you’re best?
I'm at my best when I'm selfish, impatient and insecure. That is the best me! Actually, I think I'm at my best when I can elicit a response (good or bad) from another person to something I have said or written. A simple smile can make my whole day!
2. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Do you ever think that you are boring?
When I'm in my selfish state, I never want to do anything that I am supposed to do. I end up wasting time doing nothing. That's is boring to me. Also, I feel that I am boring if I cannot hold a conversation with someone for more than a few minutes. However, that may be the case if someone else is boring....not me.
3. "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left." Did you ever break off a relationship because you wanted to be the one to do it?`
I'm selfish, but I am not that selfish! I have broken off a relationship because I found someone better, or because I found my significant other "expanding his horizons!"
4. "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone." Do you feel that she is correct?
It's better not to be unhappy. I think it's easier to change an unhappy situation if you are alone. If the unhappy situation is because of the someone with whom you are together, then that someone will be unhappy. (?)
5. "Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?" What was the last thing that you didn’t plan on doing but then thought, “What the hell!”?
Well, I was thinking of that quote in a different context, and then replacing "hell" with a more colorful word. The last thing I hadn't planned on doing but then thought "what the hell" was putting the family vacation to California on the Visa!
6. "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets." Do you have any major regrets?
Marilyn, I don't think you have one regret. You did it all! As far as my regrets are concerned, don't get me started....
7. "What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course." What do you wear to bed?
I wear granny panties, a cami, and eau de baby powder to bed.
8. "It’s better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not." Have you ever pretended to be someone you are not because it was easier?
All the time! How do you think I got this cushy job as a school secretary? I pretended I knew how to type and make coffee!
9. "I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing." Are you usually on time for events or appointments?
Marilyn, I think we may be twins separated at birth! I, however, am only one hour late to appointments! I manage to handle the "things that make me late", no matter how pleasing, in a more expedited manner.
10. "Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about." What makes you smile?
Babies make me smile; losing weight makes me smile; watching my kids while they sleep makes me smile; In N Out burgers make me smile (and groan ecstatically)!
Thanks for stopping by today! Please pop over to Wicked and say hello! Just click on the logo for Wednesday Wickedness below!
Have a great Wednesday!