Sunday, June 2, 2013

SIMC - Chicago Botanicals

Dark Angels Dracula Dahlia


This week I had the ultimate pleasure of reconnecting with an old friend, and, at the same time, experience a new place in my new town!  My friend was visiting her family and asked if we could meet at the Chicago Botanic Gardens.  I was familiar with the Gardens in St. Louis (my former City) and jumped at the opportunity to explore the natural beauty of nature's many gifts in a local setting.  Wow!  The pictures my friend took captured just a small sampling of the expansive and incredible landscape of the place.  I will return at a later date, and submit a "Part Deux" as I like to do so often!



Blue Star




Spanish Bluebell



Willows have such a special place in my heart...



Japanese Gardens and Good Friends...

Thanks for stopping by today!  Please take a tour of other Sundays in My City, hosted by Unknown Mami, by clicking on the logo below.  Have a spectacular Sunday!


Unknown Mami

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz! You look wonderful!!! I didn't know Kelley was going up there - I WILL get back to my blog now that the Big Wedding Event is behind me...

Keetha Broyles said...

beautiful

Unknown said...

Love the photos, especially the willow.

Diane said...

Love love love the red dahlia!

Claudya Martinez said...

That first picture is my favorite.