Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Judy, Judy, Judy - Wickedness
Welcome to this always fascinating meme sponsored by Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, Janera posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's meme posts quotes from a well-known actress, loved by so very many, Judy Garland! I hope you enjoy her quotes and my thought-provoking responses!
Let's Do This!
1. "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else." Have you ever realized that you were trying to be like someone else?
I think because I've grown up being a people pleaser, I would be different versions to different people. I feel I am now a bonafide schizo and really don't know who I am. And, with the slight memory problems that I have, I wake up each morning a different person! It's fun...sometimes.
2. "Behind every cloud is another cloud." Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about things?
It really takes so much more energy to find all the bad things in life. Since I am naturally lazy, and slackish, I prefer to be optimistic as much as possible. Besides, you don't get that big vertical dent in your forehead from the constant frown.
3. "How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child." Tell us about a time when you realized your perception of reality was an illusion.
I was quite upset when I learned that monkeys didn't fly!
4. "I've never looked through a keyhole without finding someone was looking back."
Have you ever felt someone was watching you a bit too closely?
Yes, that someone is called Mother-in-Law! I really shouldn't say that I think I'm being watched all the time... but sometimes I feel like I'm in the middle of a snow globe.
5. "If you have to be in a soap opera try not to get the worst role." Have you ever had a job that you were embarrassed by?
I've been very fortunate to find work that I believed in. However, I did appear as an extra in a B movie about 30 years ago...that I never talk about...because it is still available online!
6. 'In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people." Do you feel that you need a lover to make you feel “whole”?
Absolutely not! I need at least two or three to get the job done right!
7. "If I am a legend, then why am I so lonely?" Tell us about a time when you felt lonely.
I felt a little lonely after I ate my first "Tommy's Burger"...which was smothered in Chili. Nobody would come within 10 feet of me...
8. "I can live without money, but I cannot live without love." Would you rather be rich and alone or live with love from a lover?
It depends on the lover...and how rich he is!
9. "I try to bring the audience's own drama - tears and laughter they know about - to them." Tell us about the last movie that you saw where you could feel the drama as though you were living it.
"Planes, Trains and Automobiles" because it mirrors my life. I'm always trying to get somewhere and always having to change directions! I do, however, get to meet some very interesting people along the way!
10. "I was born at the age of twelve on an MGM lot." What was your life like at 12?
Born at the age of 12? I bet your mom was mad! Actually, at the age of 12, I was in the 6th grade, I had a crush on about three boys, and I finally got a better grade than the smartest girl in school. Life was good!
Thanks for bearing with me. For some really interesting and funny stuff, click on the logo below and say hello to Janera!