Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Wednesday Wickedness - You're Fired!
Welcome to the always fascinating meme sponsored by Wednesday Wickedness. Each week, Janera posts quotes from a well-known celebrity, and then poses questions to the reader following the quotes. This week's meme posts quotes from well-known businessman, entrepreneur and celebrity, Donald Trump. Enjoy his quotes, the questions and my silly responses!
1. “A little more moderation would be good. Of course, my life hasn't exactly been one of moderation.” Do you live your life by moderation or extremes?
Well, Don, if I had your bank account, the word "moderation" would not exist in my vocabulary!
2. “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me - consciously or unconsciously. That's to be expected.” Have you ever thought someone was flirting with you in a work environment? What happened?
Of course, many have been "unconscious" when they flirted with me. It happens all the time! I've never had to buy my own lunch!
3. “As long as your going to be thinking anyway, think big.” Have you ever “thought big” and you wound up crashing and burning?
I'm a big woman. I usually think big. The only time I crash and burn is when I am involved with someone bigger than myself...which happens more often than not.
4. “Everything in life is luck.” Do you believe in luck? If not, do you feel it all happens to us for a reason?
Sure I believe in luck. That's why I usually come home from Vegas in my underwear! I can't think of a reason why that happens!
5. “Experience taught me a few things. One is to listen to your gut, no matter how good something sounds on paper. The second is that you're generally better off sticking with what you know. And the third is that sometimes your best investments are the ones you don't make.” Have you ever benefited big time because you declined an offer, investment, job (Well you get the idea.)?
First, when I listen to my gut, I usually gain a few pounds. Second, how can one stick to what they know...if they don't know anything? Third, after declining to invest in Yahoo, I benefited "big time!"
6. “I don't make deals for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it.” Tell us about someone that you know that has all the money they need.
I can't, because there is no one who I know in that position.
7. “I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it's time America was run like a business.” Do you think running your country like a business would be a good thing?
Finally, you have my attention, Donald!
8. “I try to learn from the past, but I plan for the future by focusing exclusively on the present. That's were the fun is.” Do you live in the past in any way?
I love to live in the good times of my past, I stumble through the present, and I dream about the future.
9. “If you're interested in 'balancing' work and pleasure, stop trying to balance them. Instead make your work more pleasurable.” How are you at balancing work and pleasure?
I balance work and pleasure by sleeping through it all.
10.“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.”
Tell us about a time that you won the battle but lost the war.
Every day of my life is spent in battle. I won't know about winning the war until I breathe my last breath.
Thanks for checking out this Wednesday's craziness. Please visit the Wednesday Wickedness site by clicking on the the log below.