Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness - Ashley Judd


It's that time again...it's Wednesday and someone is feeling wicked! This week's celebrity guest is Ashley Judd. Janera Epson of Wednesday Wickedness has taken ten of Ashley's quotes and listed them. Janera has then followed up each quote with a question (italics)of her own for her faithful followers to answer.

Here is this faithful follower's responses (in bold):

1. Abstinence, being faithful and correct and consistent condom use are the only ways to successfully reach everyone when discussing HIV prevention. I believe that the abstinence message alone does not solve the AIDS epidemic. Do you think there is any realistic point of trying to teach abstinence?

I do believe there is a realistic point to teaching abstinence, but everyone has to get on the same page. This means, parents, schools, places of worship, and the media. If they all got together on this point, I think many more people would consider abstinence.


2. And when I started to get wind of the fact that they actually liked me being around. That was humbling, because Kentucky basketball is a big deal, and I am not the biggest fan - I am just the most notorious one. What are you a fan of (sport or non-sport)?

I'm a die-hard Laker basketball fan; very strong Cardinal baseball fan; and mostly strong Rams football fan. I'm also a ginormous fan of anything my kids play.


3. Both my husband and I give a lot of ourselves in what we do because that is our public lives; but in my private life, I have an intrinsic right to be left alone.
How much alone time do you need in a relationship?

I need alone time every day, at least once an hour for about 45 minutes...


4. I did a lot of hiking and I loved it. What outdoor activity is your favorite?

My favorite outdoor activities are laying in the hammock; driving to DQ; driving home from work; bringing the mail in and walking the dog.


5. I get lonely when I'm a Playstation widow. What video games are you into?

I am not into video games. I am into blogs. Same addiction.


6. I think it's easy for me to connect to some people, and I don't know if that's the same thing as falling in love whereas before, I might have said it was. Tell us about a time that you thought you were in love, only to find out that it was only physical attraction?

My first 50 dates.


7. I think that being perceptive and having interests is nothing but an asset. How perceptive are you with new people in you meet?

I think I am mildly perceptive of new people I meet. But I always second-guess myself if I think they are dorks.


8. I think that, as with marriage, you just know when it's time to have kids. If you have kids was it because you were ready? If not when did you decide that?

I thought about having kids just as I was nearing the end of my college career. I was concerned about the infamous "biological clock" ticking. The clock won out and my college career is on the back burner right now.


9. It's up to us to take pop culture back and to express quality and dignity for both boys and girls. What’s the best of pop culture that works for you in 2011?

If you mean the best way to express ideas, then I will have to say music videos. Positive ideas like quality, dignity, kindness and respect could literally change our youth, if more artists would express those ideas. I'm actually starting to listen to lyrics. Before, it was just the music, and whether or not it was easy to dance to.


10. No, I don't tolerate pressure from anyone about anything. When was the time that someone made you feel pressured?

Someone made me feel pressured two days ago. I tolerated it because it came from a family member. In my head, I simply told the person to go "do something to their self" and, believe me, I felt so much better afterward.

Thanks for stopping by and humoring me. Please click on the logo below to see how others have responded to the questions.





Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

Stacy said...

I agree with you on #9. Kids are so influenced by music and the videos that go along with it. If the artists would produce more positive lyrics and images....it could be revolutionary.

Happy Wednesday!

Jeanie said...

As usual your answers are way better than the celebrity's. You do a great job of taking the questions seriously while bringing in your own humor and personality.

21 Wits said...

Oh right on, great answers to all of these...(that first one too you are so right) and the last one, is something I do all the time...in so many cases!