Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness - Reagan Style


Once again, we can be "wicked" for a day! I love living this title out loud! Each week, hostess, Janera Jepson, selects a celebrity, shares some of their quotes and follows up with a question for us to answer. It's a lot of fun and I challenge you to join in with your own answers! This week's celebrity is our former President, Ronald Reagan, who would have been 100 years old this past week. (My answers are in bold) Enjoy!

1. A tree's a tree. How many more do you need to look at?
Are you concerned about mankind's intrusion into forests and jungles?

Hell yes! I'm just as concerned about those football fans who didn't get their seats at the Super Bowl; and just as concerned about how many days I'm going to have to camp out to get Katy Perry tickets; and just as concerned about the size of tattoo my daughter wants to get; and just as concerned...this is stressing me out! I'll stop now.



2. All great change in America begins at the dinner table.
What is the biggest change that you've seen in your lifetime with the U.S?

To be honest, I avoid thinking about change in America. While raising my children, they were my whole world. I didn't think about a lot of things. I still don't think about a lot of things, but I am concerned about the changes our current administration is attempting to make with regard to the relationship of government and the everyday person.



3. All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk.
Do you feel nuclear power is still the fuel of our future?

I think nuclear power has a place in our future, but not "the" fuel of the future. It's scary to think about people misusing the power of nuclear energy. I'm a little concerned about what would happen if another country's nuclear weapon blew up one of our power plants? Would we be toast?



4. But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret. How did you do academically in high school?

I sucked in high school, academically and socially. I think I had a B or C average. I didn't apply to any four year colleges, but got in to a community college. (I think only straight "F's" kept you from getting into community college.)I almost immediately started back to school to earn my undergraduate degree. I was a lot more serious about academics then, than while I was in high school. There were also much cuter guys at college than at high school.



5. Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty. How closely have you followed the uprising in Egypt? Thoughts?

It's scaring the crap out of me! It's possible that, one by one, the countries in the middle east want to make a change in their government by free elections. Look what free elections in this area have produced so far: The Brotherhood and Hamas!



6. Democracy is worth dying for, because it's the most deeply honorable form of government ever devised by man. Do you feel a political system is worth dying for?

I think chocolate, Brad Pitt and a good mocha are worth dying for.



7. Don't be afraid to see what you see. What do you see that scares you?

Myself in the mirror; Grandpa Jack without any clothes on; my checking account balance; the size of the tattoo that my daughter wants to get!



8. Each generation goes further than the generation preceding it because it stands on the shoulders of that generation. You will have opportunities beyond anything we've ever known. Tell us about an advance that you we will see in out lifetimes that is not in existence

A Starbucks in every city of the United States; maybe...just maybe...equal pay for equal work by men and women; extermination of cockroaches; cures for every kind of cancer.



9. Facts are stubborn things. What is something that most think of as a fact that does not ring true to you?

That George Clooney is taken.



10. Freedom prospers when religion is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged. What do you think of politicians that use religion as justification of their beliefs?

I don't have an answer for this one; serious or sarcastic. Sorry! I think sometimes there is a fine line between church and state, and, to what extent political figures should incorporate them.



Thanks for checking out this Wednesday's craziness. Please visit Wednesday Wickedness by clicking on the logo below!





Happy Hump Day!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

My guess is that you have more say so about what is going on in Egypt than the size of your daughter's tattoo :)
Good combo of wicked and thoughtful in your answers.

samurai said...

Some very good answers. It was nice to read someone else's answers. Mine will not post till next week for Mr. Reagan, but if you want, you are always welcome to drop by.

21 Wits said...

This is totally wicked in a silly kind of funny sort of wicked way!

Stacy said...

Great answers! We think a lot alike....that may be another thing for you to be scared of. LOL