Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday Fragments, Episode #102




"Hello, pretty lady!" said the Panda to the girl! Only the double paned glass separated this very active Panda and Princess Katya! This probably was the highlight of her trip as she is crazy for Pandas!


Wow! What a quick week this was! When I'm working, I have time to read and write on blogs, but being off, is a whole different game! I walk around in slow motion watching the day move in fast-forward! Why is that? I had so many things I wanted to accomplish this week, and well, it didn't happen! I will say that I am relaxed and my stress level is in a good spot! No new white hairs this week!

I had the "responsibility" talk with Edwina this week, with hopes of planting some sort of motivation. She has had a really hard week, and my spewing of motherly love, in my honest-but-not-tactful manner, wasn't what she wanted to hear. I have seen a few changes, however, so first I will give the credit to God for giving me the words to say and the courage to say them, and second, I will give the credit to God for opening her ear canals long enough to hear most of my words. Funny how he works when you most need him!

I went on a day trip to Columbia, MO, home of the Mizzou Tigers, and Hero's Alma mater. Hero and I got a bagel and cup of coffee and talked for two hours. (The a/c stopped working at his "bachelor" pad so we hunted down some a/c we could count on!) I don't get much alone time with him anymore, so this was a very special treat for me. He's trying to get his ducks in order so he can start paying his student loans. I am no financial wiz, so I told him what works (most of the time) for me. I know God had a hand in that one, too!


Katya prepared her thank you letter to all of the wonderful people who donated towards her tuition for the China trip. She also picked out one of her photos to send. I'm loving that she will just break out (for no reason) and start talking about something funny that happened on the trip. Yesterday, she mailed them, as well as the silk scarves to the grandmas and Auntie (see Yasek Jewelry Design above - that's her Auntie!).

I've been threatening Rock with a butt chewing all week! He graduated college in May, and is still chilling!!!! "Paleeeze mom! I just finished 17 years of straight school! I'm due!" He's right... so I left him as the sounds of explosions could be heard from his computer military game. Anybody need a really handsome graphic designer?

It's been an emotional roller coaster week, but it's been a great eye-opener for me! I continue to learn life lessons from my underlings, and I hope that never stops.

Thank you to the wonderful Mrs4444 for hosting this great Friday forum where we can talk about anything that might not make a whole post! Just click on the logo below and you will be transported to her blog!

Have a wonderful weekend!




2 comments:

Mrs4444 said...

I cannot imagine have three kids in all different nest-leaving stages! I think I would be out of my mind. Good job to your daughter for the thank you notes :) Glad you had a relaxing week, even if it seemed like you didn't get a lot accomplished!

Claudya Martinez said...

I love hearing about your family.